Get to know the SIL Americas headquarters for 2020
Barranquilla, Special Industrial and Port District is located strategically in the colombian Caribbean Coast along the delta of the Magdalena River, it is one of the primary economic, industrial and commercial cores of the country.
The city covers important industries and is a key piece of the economic development of the nation. The vocation of Barranquilla as an economic axis comes from its geographical location; its double dimension as a river and maritime port makes it a mandatory access point for imports and exports.
- Privileged location along the Magdalena River and the Caribbean Ocean.
- 17 ports along 22 km of port area
- Seaworthy from Magdalena River to Barrancabermeja
- The only refrigerated warehouse inside a port terminal in the country. This is the most important project in Barranquilla·s port.
- Brotherhood Bridge project that will connect Atlántico with Magdalena and the interior of the country.
- New Pumarejo Bridge
- Regional train project
- Ruta del Sol II (road infrastructure)
- Double lane road from Ciénaga- Barranquilla
- Pactia is investing in the most important logistics hub in the Caribbean